Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Chip off Data Recovery for Samsung phones... reader less than $500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip off Data Recovery for Samsung phones... reader less than $500?

So I have a few devices every blue moon come in that customers want the data from there Samsung devices and I don't have the ability to track down why the phone will not boot... I don't like to spend more than 3 or 4 hours on a device trying to recover data and Chip Off is probably the better way to go. Since they come in so few and far between, I would like to get a reader, but don't want to spend $980 for a programmer / reader and was hoping there is a cheaper alternative... Any suggestions? I have an S5 Active in my shop now that needs chip off recovery.

I think you might be too late to the chip off Samsung arena---these devices are aging out of the time where chip off was possible, so investing in chip off technology might not be profitable at this point if you are only seeing a few cases. I would recommend just outsourcing those cases. I would expect a reasonable chip off system to cost at least $1k minimum otherwise you will end up just wasting your money on things that don't work IMO. The first reader I bought in the in $300 range is still sitting in my drawer unused. It is very hit or miss for the cheap readers.

Comment

OK, I was kind of thinking the same thing and was skeptical about buying these $150 to $300 devices where I see the NuProg-e is the most commonly used one. If I saw more that needed chip off data, I would do that, but just not feasible for me. Thanks for getting back though!

Comment

I used extensively easyjtag from z3x in the past. Both to do eMMC chip off and to fix dead boot and stuff. Of course it doesn't do ufs but it would be pointless anyway: since android 6 eMMC and ufs data are encrypted and you get nothing useful out of them. Sadly now it is either fix or bust. I Still get some old eMMC phones that people forgot in the drawers but it makes absolutely no sense to buy now as jessa said.

Comment

Working...
        X