Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Squids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squids

My power squids no longer fully boot my phones, they just boot loop them. I know at least one of them use to work. I have one from union repair one from aliexpress and one from ipadrehab. Does anyone know if there is a chip that goes bad in them?

I can't speak to any of the other cables, but the iPadRehab squid does not 'just go bad' other than needing editing of the leads. I have to resolder the wires the connectors that i use a lot every month or so, and of course be careful to not allow any of the wires to touch each other--i.e. don't allow the middle white wire to fray and touch either red or black. Next, I would pick a known good board and confirm that it can boot on battery, then show us a close up picture of the end of your cable and a short video of how it behaves on dcps. I would rule out variables--does it work on another dcps? Am I getting a red dot on the cable (i have one set that i have to plug in extra hard) do i have normal maxed out amps when i short red and black together?

Comment

instead of opening a new thread i will ask here, do squids exist for ipads? or any other way to use the dcps

Comment

For ipad mini just use the iphone 5 connector and swap red/black at DCPS. For other ipads i just alligator clamp to battery connector on the logic board

Comment

Thank you jessa

Comment

Working...
          X