Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Making my own charging setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making my own charging setup

We are using atm a chinese AMmeter which is working just fine for Apple and Samsung devices, normal charge and fast charge (+2A)
    I would like to make my own Ammeter setup and i bought a AMmeter and connected a original Apple Charger and original cables.
    The Ammeter is working but fast charge is disabled. The phone is only charging with a speed of 0.9A.

Using the pictures in attachment
    USB input/power supply
    VBUS is connected to thick red and yellow cable
    Black cable connected to AMmeter thick black cable

USB output/load
    VBUS is connected to thick red and yellow cable
    Black cable connected to AMmeter thick red cable

USB input D- directly connected to USB output D-
    USB input D+ directly connected to USB output D+

What can i do the enable Apple fast charge?
    Last picture i found on the web. Maybe the solution is in D- and D+?
    I could use another dc power supply to create USB input with resistors to test but a rather use original Apple chargers. Just as i'm now using with the chinese Ammeter.

When a iPhone XR is connected below 50% battery
    D- is 2.2V
    D+ is 2.2V

Attached Files

I've never tried to do anything like this, so I don't have any relevant advice. I know that some aftermarket chargers are unable to communicate on the data lines and can not, for example, charge a stone dead iPad that require a conversation in order to negotiate charger current. Since you are using OEM charger and cable then that's not the issue, but the usb ammeter is. If this was a problem I was trying to solve, I'd get another ammeter and have a conversation with the chinese supplier about whether or not it supports fast charging. As a plan B, I'd consider dissecting the working ammeter to see how it is different from the one that can't fast charge.

Let us know what you find.

Comment

Working...
    X